Thursday, October 11, 2012

LANVIN IM IN LOVE




Lanvin Spring/Summer 2012
   Lanvin can definitely relate to the working professional woman who is classy and sophisticated, but lets the devil peak out once in a while, which I believe to be the theme of this collection. The color story was definitely neutral with many blacks and hints of white, and towards the end clashed with a hint of color in very flattering strapless dresses. He gave work attire a whole new meaning with high waisted pants, embellished rompers, and crisp black blazers with a dash of white.
   I thought the collection was very sexy and I think Lanvin while staying true to his aesthetic pushed the envelope just enough to be surprising. He stated that fashion cant always be on a low note, sometimes you have to bring it up, which is why his stage was mounted. One of my favorite pieces was what I call the half-hearted dress. I loved that the dress is a conservative beige dress, except for the black dash on one side. Its wierd and strange, but hot. Its the combination of feminine and class with edgy sexy bad girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment